About the Site
The Food Marketing Institute (FMI) is an international trade association for the food retail industry representing an international network of food retailers and wholesalers—everything from multi-million dollar supermarket chains to small mom and pop shops.
As the lead front end developer, I coordinated with designers, information architects, developers and FMI staff to:
- Create a new website that reflects the new brand and the organization’s reach.
- Implement website in the Sitefinity content management system to take advantage of its robust functionality and ability to support member and non-member access.
- Engineer the site to be responsive, so that it automatically adapts to the size of any device. With an understanding that the world is going mobile, FMI wanted to ensure that its newly redesigned website would be accessible on mobile devices.
- Increased the integration between the website and MatrixMaxx, Matrix Group’s web-based association management software.
- Integrated FMI’s social networking pages into the website as a way to connect and engage its members.